Petrie-etal-1924, p. 10-11:
2106, Uazet-hetep, was the only tomb of this period found untouched. The pit, 40 X 95 and 115 inches deep, had a room on the south about 80 X 100 X 40 in very bad crumbly ground. The bricking up was intact, bricks 14 X 6 X 272 inches. In the shaft lay debris from another grave: pot- sherds (16E)? pieces of coffin, and a flint flake with saw edge. There were the usual two coffins, both inscribed on the outside in blue, but plain inside, pi. xxiii. Under the coffins were three great rough poles which had been used to move the coffins into position in the chamber. Resting on the lid was the circular knob or handle which had been sawn off the end of it at the last moment. These knobs were frequently found in the cemetery. They were painted over when the coffins were painted, and a rough circular unpainted patch was left at the end of the lid when they were removed. The outer coffin measured 27 X 85 X 36, wood 3 inches thick, with the line of blue hieroglyphs running round the body and down the middle of the lid.
[description of the coffin]
Uazet-hetep lay in his coffin with the head to the north, facing east, extended on his left side. His wrappings were reduced to the state of some- thing like burnt paper, but enough could be seen to determine that the outer one was a shawl ending in a fringe running down the body. [...] With it were 5 rough walking sticks, a pair of rough wooden sandals at the feet, and a head-rest, painted yellow (pi. xxi, 17). On the head was a decayed mask of cartonnage, with beard painted, but no moustache. [...] Inside the chamber with the sarcophagus, were the pots for offerings, and the models. The pots were all together at the north-east corner, and consisted of 10 of type 64 G, 2 of type 51 R, and one of 8 B. The latter contained the bones of a calf, one of the 64 G had fruit or grain; while the rest had mud or possibly dregs. The models, which were of very fair workmanship, were arranged just east of the coffin; it was not possible to say whether there had been a recess or not. At the north was (1) the rowing boat, pointing north; (2) the granary, filled up with wheat and currants; (3) the sailing boat, bows south; and (4) the domestic scene with, in this instance, the staff reduced to one maid. To the east of the sailing boat, facing south, was the ka figure. These have all been photographed by Prof. Petrie (pi. xx). It has been thought advisable to describe this burial in some detail, as it serves to give a complete idea of middle-class interments of the time.
Petrie-etal-1924, p. 10-11